All local admissions are overseen via the local authority (Trafford Council) - school have no influence on admission decisions.
Primary application guidance 2020
If your child lives in Trafford and was born between 1 September 2015 and 31 August 2016, you can apply for a school place online. If you don’t have internet access contact the School Admissions Team on 0161 912 5007 for advice on how to submit your application.
If your child lives in another Local Authority you can still apply for Trafford schools, but you must apply to the authority where you pay Council Tax (your own home Local Authority).
Applications must be submitted by 15 January 2020.
- Visit the Admissions login page to create an account. Once you have entered your details, you will be emailed a verification code which you must enter before you can make your application.
- Choose your preferred schools from the drop down list, in your order of preference. (Trafford’s schools are listed first, in alphabetical order) If you want to apply for schools in other local authorities, scroll down to that authority where its schools are also listed in alphabetical order.
- You can apply for schools in any order but we strongly advise that you include your catchment area school, or schools, in your application. You will be advised about your catchment area school(s) when you enter your child’s home address. These are local schools which give your child priority over others living outside your area. If you are allocated a school outside your catchment area, you must understand that catchment area children will have priority over you in the future and there can be no guarantee that places will be available for any younger children in your family.
- Provide any information about any siblings that will be attending your preferred school(s).
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an email to confirm that it has been received. If you do not receive this confirmation email, please contact the School Admissions Team.
- You can change your application at any time until the closing date. Applications received or changes made after the closing date will only be considered after all on time applications are processed.
You will be able to view the outcome of your application via your online account on 17 April 2020
An allocation letter will also be sent to your home address with a reply slip for you to return.